Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s the perfect food with all of the basics in one convenient package. Normally to make pizza at camp requires a bit of work but for this recipe all you need is some aluminum foil and fire.
Campfire Pizza log
- Roll out your pizza dough into a rectangle. You can make your own or use the refrigerated pizza dough.
- Add in 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, 8 ounces mozzarella cheese and any toppings your family likes.
- Starting at one end roll the dough up like you are making cinnamon rolls and pinch all ends to create a seamless log of pizza perfection.
- Wrap it in foil and freeze it. This will help keep the ingredients cool and it will thaw and be ready to cook by dinnertime. Conveniently it helps to keep the rest of your items cool in the cooler maximizing space.
- You can cook it on a grill or just put it in the logs for a total of 25 minutes, flipping often. Once it is done, cut or pull it apart and serve.
The best part of this is you can have pizza at camp without a delivery driver and tip. A variation on this to make smaller pizza rolls using a cheese stick, pepperoni, and sauce. They cook fast, are small and portable, and kids really love the miniature size.
What are your variations?