Sometimes simple is the best answer to making a meal. There are 3 ingredients in today’s recipe and a ton of flavor. (The 4th ingredient is a food delivery item.)
- 1 pound of chicken (I prefer breasts)
- 1 15.5oz jar of your favorite salsa (I used Tostitos)
- 3/4 packet of taco seasoning
- Chips to deliver food to your mouth!
- Put everything into a crockpot or Dutch Oven.
- Cook until chicken is tender. (Crockpot cook time is around 2 hours.)
- Shred chicken and then eat.
The great part about this meal is how simple it is to put together, but how robust the flavor can be. Depending on your preferred brand of salsa and seasoning this can be as bland or bold as you like.
If you really want to be bold add some Jalapenos or use flavored chips.