Catch it yourself or buy it from the store a fresh fish filet cooked over the fire is an excellent meal. The salmon in today’s recipe is also packed with Omega-3, potassium, vitamin b and protein too mention a few. A veritable health cornucopia.
- 1/2 bottle good quality Italian vinaigrette or fish marinade
- 1 large salmon fillet – enough for 2 people
- vegetables – peppers, onions, and mushrooms – enough for 2 people
- Cut salmon into two pieces to make it easier for serving later.
- Chop up vegetables into slices or strips. Use enough peppers, mushrooms, and onions to make a good-sized side dish for two people.
- Place two large sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the table. Fold up the sides so the marinade doesn’t run off the sheets.
- Place salmon fillet on top of the foil. Cover fish with marinade. Then cover fish with vegetables.
- Carefully wrap fish and vegetables in foil to make a packet. Use more foil if necessary. Pinch the edges of the foil packet so the marinade doesn’t leak out.
- Place foil packet on grill over roaring fire or hot coals.
- Turn packet over every 10 minutes or so.
- Depending on the size and thickness of the fish – and how hot your fire is – cook the fish at least 20 minutes.
- Remove packet from grill. Carefully peel or slice it open. Remove fish and vegetables and serve on plates.
- 10 MinutesCook Time: 20 MinutesTotal Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: Dinner for 2
- Serving size: 1/2 of recipe