Sometimes you want a big meal and lot’s of food for a camp meal. Other times you just want something fast, tasty, and filling. Today’s recipe “meats” all that criteria.
- 1 lb good roast beef or any other lunch meat
- cheese of choice, pepper jack or provolone is my go-to
- rolls, I often opt for deli made rolls as they have a good sturdy outer crust
- Build your sandwiches using the roast beef (or other meats), rolls, and cheese.
- Individually wrap each sandwich in tin foil and freeze.
- Cook at home: Place your foil-wrapped sandwiches in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Cooking on a campfire: Toss your sandwiches onto warmed coals and cook until heated through.
- Cook time is about 20 minutes. This will vary on how frozen the sandwiches have remained.
I used to eat these sandwiches a lot as a kid. Take them out of the freezer and in no time you have a hot, delicious, and filling sandwich. You can also experiment with the meat, ham and swiss is a favorite around my house.