Spring has finally sprung. Temperatures have climbed above 80 in the daytime but the mornings are still wonderfully cool, and the evenings mild and enjoyable. That means is still a great time to make warm meals over the camp fire to finish off your day. Today’s image is not mine, writing this last minute and didn’t have my own photo. The chili rice skillet still tastes great though!
Ingredients Chili Rice Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 c Uncle Ben’s Quick brand rice
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
In a large skillet, brown meat, drain. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; stir it all together. Bring to a rolling boil. Cover tightly. Simmer about 5 minutes or until desired consistency. The longer you cook it the less wet the ingredients will be. When it’s done sprinkle the cheese.