Chicken Cordon Bleu is favorite of mine. Making it over a campfire without using any pots or pans is another favorite of mine. The simplicity of packing just some foil to cook with on a trip is really great. Saving weight, reusing the foil when possible, and dropping your food right into the hot coals is a very satisfying experience.
This is a super simple recipe that turns out delicious meals for as many as you want. The ingredients list is per serving so scale up as needed.
- 2 Pieces Of Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- 1 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Swiss Cheese, Sliced
- Ham, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Place one boneless chicken breast in center of one piece of foil. Spread 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise on top of breast and top with one slice, of Swiss cheese and one slice of cooked ham.
- Seal packet as you would any foil dinner by wrapping the first foil sheet, and then wrapping in the second foil sheet.
- Place packet on grill, or into coals and cook for 10-15 minutes on one side, then turn the packet over and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Camp, Eat, Live!