Today’s recipe is courtesy of FreshOffTheGrid.com. We have done campfire nachos before and this is another wonderful take on the recipe. That’s the best part of cooking, everything can be made in multiple ways.
Ingredients for Campfire Nachos
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil
- ½ lb tortilla chips
- 1 (7.75 oz) can El Pato hot tomato sauce, or equivalent
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lime, cut into wedges
Directions for Campfire Nachos
- Lightly oil the bottom of a large dutch oven, to prevent the nachos from sticking.
- For the first layer, evenly spread ⅓ of the chips into the dutch oven, topped with ¼ can El Pato, ¼ can black beans, ¼ cup cheese, and a handful of avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Repeat for the second layer.
- For the third and final layer, use the remaining ⅓ portion of chips, ½ can El Pato, ½ can black beans, ½ cup cheese, and the remaining avocado, onion, and cilantro.
- Cover the dutch oven and place on a metal grill over your campfire for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve with the lime wedges.
This recipe makes two dinner servings or 4 appetizer servings.