Is there anything better than steak and potatoes? How about steak and potatoes using a compound butter and cooked over fire!
- 1 pound small red potatoes cut into fourths
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
Garlic Herb Butter:
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl add the red potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and red onion. Add salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- Place four 18×12-inch pieces of heavy aluminum foil on the counter. Evenly place the vegetable mixture on each piece of foil. Top vegetables with steak.
- To make the garlic herb butter: In a small bowl add the butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Divide evenly and place on top of the steak. Double fold top and ends of each piece of foil, leaving space for steam to gather.
- Place packets on the grill and cover. Grill 15 minutes or until steak is cooked through and veggies are tender. Carefully open packets and serve.
This was cooked on the grill in tin foil, the meat was not seared beforehand. The packets were flipped over onto the flame at the very end to give the beef and veggies a slight char.