Carbohydrates are the enemy of a flat belly, a healthy lifestyle, and the Atkins plan. They are also the basis for all humanity to survive in my opinion.
Today’s recipe is a recipe for Blueberry Cinnamon bread.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Prepare campfire or grill for low heat. Arrange bread slices on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24×18 in.). Bring foil up the sides, leaving the top open. Whisk eggs, milk, syrup and vanilla. Pour over bread; sprinkle with nuts and 1 cup blueberries. Fold edges over top, crimping to seal.
- Place on a grill grate over campfire or grill until egg is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries; serve with additional maple syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
If you like french toast and fruit you will love this. The key is to make sure it is cooked completely, which means have plenty of patience. It is worth it!