Sometimes when you are headed out for a camping trip you know that the weather or the location isn’t going to allow you to cook the way you normally would. In those cases it’s great to be able to create a high energy food to take with you.Todays camping bar recipe is just the ticket to give you plenty of energy and are easy to make and transport.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl beat flour, oats, butter, wheat germ, orange peel and 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar at low speed until just mixed. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes (mixture will look dry).
- With lightly floured hands, shape mixture into a ball, then pat into 8″ by 8″ baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with a 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, stir in almonds and coconut. Pour evenly over mixture in pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into 12 pieces.