Sure this is a very simple meal, but with a few little twists to take a simple kids meal and turn it into a more robust and filling meal with lots of energy.
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pound hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 slices American cheese
How to Make It
In a large cast iron skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in vegetable oil for about 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, and mustard. Add sliced hot dogs and stir to blend ingredients. Continue to cook until all the ingredients are to temp. Place cheese slices on top and cover with a lid or aluminum foil to melt the cheese.